Johannesburg is a young city that is yet to celebrate its second centenary, and already it has an incredible history and legacy. The settlement sprang up in 1886 when prospectors found gold in the area now known as the Witwatersrand. When the discovery became public, thousands flocked here in search of fortune and new opportunities. Today, Johannesburg still attracts those who want to realise their dreams and achieve success.
20 fun things to do in Joburg
1. Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens
2. Pilanesberg National Park
3. The Old Fort
4. De Wildt Cheetah & Wildlife Centre
5. Apartheid Museum
6. Johannesburg Zoo
7. Hop on a Red Bus Tour
8. Reflect at the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory
9. Grab a drink at coolest rooftop spot in JHB, The Living Room
10. Slam dunk with Kitchener’s Comedy Night
11. Take in the view from the tallest skyscraper in Africa!
12. To a tee at World of Golf
13. Keeping it cool at Northgate Ice Rink
14. The Military History Museum for fascinating military planes and other relics
15. Spend a day at Gold Reef City theme park
16. Spend a day at The Valley of The Waves water park at Sun City
17. Visit Montecasino for drinks, movies or premier entertainment
18. Take a ride on the Gautrain
19. Visit the James Hall Museum of Transport - FOR FREE!!!
20. Shop at The Oriental PlazaVisit the show